More Information: http://srshconference.eventbrite.com/
We are delighted to invite you to SRSH's annual conference, to be held in Wadham College, University of Oxford, on Saturday 5th November 2011.
SRSH is a charity that works to support university students to set up and run peer support groups for sudents at their university who suffer from eating disorders. The project is supported by B-eat, the leading UK charity for people with eating disorders, and has in this past year received funding from Comic Relief, the Welton Foundation and UnLtd. For more information about SRSH go to www.srsh.co.uk
This conference will provide a valuable opportunity to expand your knowledge about the nature of eating disorders and how they may best be treated. Our influential speakers will be able to give you an insight into the most up-to-date reseach. The conference is aimed at individuals who work with students in a university setting, as well as to students themselves and any other interested parties.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us. If you have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact Hannah Tickle - email@example.com
Speakers (please note that this may change if circumstances beyond our control arise):
- Deborah Waller - GP with special interest in Eating Disorders, member of the Oxford University Student Health Committee and member of the management committee for the Oxford University counselling service.
- Linette Whitehead - Consultant Clinical Psychologist wroking at Cotswold House Eating Disorder Service at the Warneford Hospital, Oxford, and Manager of the Community Eating Disorders Team.
- Helen Sharpe - working in the Institute of Psychiatry, London, and designing a school-based prevention programme for eating disorders that will be piloted this October, with a particular interest on peer influences on the development of eating disorders.
- Lucy Serpell, Clinical Psychologist for the Eating Disorder Service in NE London, head of the Eating Disorder Resources website: edr.org.uk
- Felicity Cowdrey (University of Oxford), Doro Kluczniok (University of Oxford) and Radha Kothari (UCL), 3 PhD students who will give short presentions on their current research in the field of eating disorders
Travel to Wadham College: http://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/about-wadham/getting-to-wadham/finding-wadham.html